Sunday, December 7, 2014

Longboard

                Here we are at the end of the line for my school project, my last beer review for the assignment, it has been a fun ride, at least for me that is. I’ve never been able to say I’m doing research and homework when I’m drinking beer in my life. I’d have to say it was probably one of the more exciting things I’ve ever done for school. Anyways, let’s get started here I chose a Kona Brewing Co. brew to review, based in Kona, HI called Longboard Island Lager.




                After the first initial pour the beer has a light golden hue that didn't produce a lot of head, making me believe that this beer could be on the lighter side of lagers in flavor. I get an aroma of sweet grain, musky hops, and butter. There is a definite taste of malt in your first initial sip, following with a hint of sweetness ending in a rather bitter taste.


The Facts

Style: American Pale Lager (Island Lager)

ABV: 4.6%

IBU: 20

Color: Light Golden

Brewery: Kona Brewing Company (Kona, Hawaii)

Rating: 5/10


                     I’ll admit once I first poured the beer, I knew that this wasn’t a style of beer I usually enjoy too much, the color seemed off and the aroma wasn’t really impressing me. After my first glass I noticed that it definitely had more of a malty style, not much of a flavorful taste. The color just didn’t stand out to me as a really tasty beer.




             
               My final thoughts and recommendations on this beer is that for my taste, this wasn’t the style of pale lager that I enjoy, however that is nothing against their brewery they have a very successful business with other delicious choices. If you happen to be out looking for a Pale Lager I would suggest to you that heed my words and look elsewhere for a selection of pale lager, such as Blue Paddle from New Belgium Brewing Company. One thing I do enjoy about the beer is the look of the bottle and its label. They just catch the eye so well with a different shaped bottle than other beers for a different look, as well as a bright label with surfers  and waves on the front. Makes the beer look exciting and perfect for a day on the beach!

              To finish it off here I just want to thank anyone who took time out of their day to read these beer reviews I hope you enjoyed them and found it helpful for new beer to try out!

Cheers,

Eric 

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's a problem on my end, but the second half of your post has the text all whited out so that I can't read it. AND I NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS BEER, ERIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -
    Highlight, HIGHLIGHT!

    ReplyDelete