Friday, October 24, 2014




Why Not?



The company I will be promoting for this semester on Social Media is a fictional brewing company call Why Not? Brewery. Opening a brewery has always been a dream for me, so I figured why not make a fictional brewing company for this semester. My company mission statement is as follows, “We we’re bored so we figured WHY NOT?”. The aim of this company is for us to sell beer for a reasonable price for our target market of twenty something year old's getting into the swing of their careers looking for a solid option of tasty microbrews. This company all got started with two of my close friends who decided to brew beer one day, that event triggered a chain of events that led to possibly one of the most successful breweries in the future. We have started off with one option of beer at the moment our original WHY NOT IPA. It is set to be the beer we are most recognized for and hopefully becomes the staple of all IPAs. With the perfect blend of bittery hops flavor with a small recognizable sweet hint to help balance it out, this beer could change the face of IPAs as we know it. We are going to be using social media as the main focus of our marketing campaigns, with the way the world has been progressive over the last decade, we believe this is going to be CRUCIAL for our success. The fact that as a couple of twenty four year olds who are starting a business like a brewery it is essential that we use our skills to keep all accounting balances up to date and balanced. With our limited life experience it may be hard for us to raise the money need for capital for the business. However, the fact that we had grown up in a time with so much technological advancement we have realized that we can use this to our advantage when we are speaking to potential investors. We have been experimenting mostly with different recipes trying to find the right ingredients needed to find our next great beer to follow up our IPA. It has been grueling tough work with a lot of thrown away beer, and weak stomachs from drinking terrible batches that didn’t quite work out. Although we believe we are right on the verge of our next great recipe, which we are hoping to unveil at our next scheduled presentation with companies looking for more money. The beer recipe we are currently trying to crack is a dark porter, we our very partial to the Bent Paddle Black, which we are hoping to mimic yet throw our own variations to give it that WHY NOT? Flavor. With a solid variety of beer we are hoping we can receive enough capital to buy a large warehouse to start the actual brewery location. Thank you for taking the time and reading about the company I am so proud about, let’s raise a glass to WHY NOT? Brewing and hope for immense future success!!

5 comments:

  1. While I don't consume any adult beverages I really love your "Why Not?" motto. I mean why not, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What grabs my attention as a reader here is the back story of "this is just some twenty-year-old friends trying to make a go of it." There's charm to that story, so you might work that angle a fair bit in your various promotions--kind of a "young entrepreneurs apply their creativity to business" stuff.

    Also, I've been in awe of how well Bent Paddle has done in the year+ since it opens, so you have a terrific model there. Think about promotional events you might throw, seasonal beers to release, etc. Very fun!

    In future posts, consider breaking up your text into smaller paragraphs. It's easier for readers to digest that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name of your company, I just finished reading this on Facebook so i thought id jump over here and see what this brewery was all about. It sounds like your dream could become a reality for you. I look froward to reading more about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you have a great idea for a company here! I love beer, your post made me want one, too bad its Sunday! :) I think you made a great point saying that you're young and have limited experiences, but you know how to use the social media tech tools and you will use that to your advantage! Also like Jocelyn mentioned breaking up your text helps, I had a hard time reading it with the black and white contrast and no spacing. I had to squint to read it, but it was well worth it! Why not? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love beer, have for a long time now, although I don't drink like I used to I still support good beer.

    I think your idea is great, I've dreamed about brewing many times, and like that your basing your first brew off Bent Paddle Black, that's a great tasting beer. There can never be to many good beers.

    ReplyDelete